has a cult following of attack dogs
On a story about Beck moving the location of his Restoring "Courage" rally in Israel on Mediaite, comments were posted by this blogger as "Veritas Praetoriani," the guardian of the truth. It did not take long for the character assassins in Beck's troop of fanatical followers to begin their assault. Especially deceitful, sleazy and mentally disturbed (based upon the creepiness of her nasty, cruel and hypocritical rhetoric) is a so-called "momwith5kids." She wrote several base comments of attack as follows:
To the smear artists that are Glenn Beck's ardent followers, calling a man Vicky is a winning strategy. The hypocrisy of her sleazy, deceitful attacks can be found by observing her comment history. She believes herself to by a "Christian." It's unclear where in the Bible Jesus told his followers to smear others and behave like a mentally disturbed fanatic toward His critics. A couple more examples will amply demonstrate the disturbing nature of this woman's personal attacks:
Momwith5kids projects her own need and worst qualities onto this critic, blind to the creepy quality of her own mental condition. In that sense, she is replicating Beck's behavior.
This woman comes across on some sites as a sweet, innocent lady, but that facade gets undermined by the rage and hatred she has of someone pointing out that her hero and leader is a liar and a hypocrite, as follows:
Her rage at this blogger is not particularly special. Of course, she, if the person really is a woman, is hardly the only so-called Beckerhead engaged in this kind of fanatical character assassination. This is a conspiracy, so another "person" is the anonymous coward and racist (claimed President Obama is "your boy") "Benny_Hill." He is the childish minion that initiated the elementary school, playground bully tactic of calling Victor "Vicky." The number he puts after the name signifies, he claims, this blogger's IQ. Apparently, someone running a blog and researching and writing to show how Beck deceives his audience and repeatedly demonstrates hypocrisy does not -- according to this racist follower of Beck -- have the mental ability to wipe himself up after defecation. This has been pointed out to this sleazy character assassin; but he doesn't change his tactics, ever. This comment from him was repeated over and over at least seven times, no matter what the content of the comment he was reacting to:
Again, there seems to be more than a little projection going on when his comment conveys a lack of "cogent argument" or much in the way of critical intelligence.
Finally, the woman, who attempted blatant intimidation of this blogger on Beck's website by posting the home address and phone number there and writing to ask if anyone had noticed the "car parked down the street" as if she or someone were stalking me, also writes personal attacks that aim to smear the character of this blogger.
These people all seem to share with Glenn Beck a deep seated hatred for the President. One more comment from this attack dog:
And of course, the obnoxious master of the ad hominem attack, Todd Scheller followed that comment with some sleaze of his own:
Todd's favorite tactic is to accuse The Glenn Beck Review of "lying." He "proves" this, for example, by making a theory a "lie." One another Mediaite story where this same line of attack continues, Todd posted:
The link that Todd is pointing to is a post where a theory, stated as a theory, was offered as to why Beck was not allowed to finish his contract. That Fox CEO, Roger Ailes, has stated that Beck was pushed out because he "need[s] people focused on a daily television show" does not register with Todd. He believes what Glenn Beck claims, which suggests that Todd believes what he wants to as previously documented here. In order to smear the blogger and put the credibility into question, Todd, who once wrote that he doesn't "give a shit" that Beck lied about having written his slogan about truth, asserts that a theory is a "lie." He has made the same deceitful claim about insults (of momwith5kids), bad jokes and a mistake which was acknowledged and corrected. For character assassin Todd, these are all "lies."
On the same story where that quote from Todd was posted, another, formerly documented and devoted, reactionary Beckerhead "doodaddio" continues the smearing of this blogger:
---------------------------------------------------------Apparently, the lack of maturity on his part does not register. Of course, if someone is anonymous and has one purpose, to personally attack someone who criticizes his hero/cult figure/leader/messiah (take your pick), then the ends justifies the means. Ethics or factual accuracy matter not a bit.
It doesn't matter to these people that their assaults demonstrate to any objective observer that Glenn Beck has become a cult of personality, that their attacks reflect poorly on Mr. Beck, that they are acting like elementary school bullies or that they are posting bald-faced lies in order to smear this blogger. Like bullies at any age, the enjoyment is in piling on, kicking the target and feeling like they belong (to a cyber gang of bullies united in their support for Mr. Beck). Oh, what "fun" it is to take on the 21st Century's Joseph Goebbels, Glenn Beck.
Update, 8/09/11: Todd continues using the history aspect of the "activities" feature to track where I comment about anything and wage his sleazy flame war of character assassination against this blogger. In order to use this to counter Todd's assertions and not need to retype the same defense against Todd's sleazy attacks over and over, the following is what Todd is referring to when he typed, for example recently on a Mediaite story board regarding a Fox Red Eye discussion about V.P. Gore's call for an American spring, "Nice job on the personal attacks against me and every one else that refutes your lies." Following are the "lies" that Todd is referring to, but first, Todd wants to have a lawyer sue me for libeling him, so it is important to understand that the following list was not copied with Cnt-C, which would allow for modification after pasting into this post. It was "photo" copied using the Jing application. No changes of content are possible using Jing. Also, there was no personal attack on Todd. It was a warning that is needed at the end of every comment written using Disqus warning other readers what is coming from Beck's ad-hoc army of character assassins that read in part:
Glenn Beck loves to hate-monger about Al Gore, so expect his minions here, Benny Hill, Sandie, Todd Scheller, So There, doodaddio and Morgan La Fe to continue their flame war against me. It's sad and pathetic that I have to issue this warning. They are engaged in a campaign of smear against me because I posted comments on his site to make the case that Beck is a liar, hypocrite, fraud and ignorant genius of reactionary propaganda. They not only do not agree, they are committed to undermining my credibility with smear and character assassination everywhere I comment on the Disqus system. Their assaults have lead to another description of Mr. Beck: he's become a cult of personality.If there is a distortion there, it may be the idea that Beck "loves" to hate-monger. Perhaps he merely enjoys it. At any rate, this list of "lies" as accused by Todd is countered point by point below.
1) Writing Seals instead of the accurate SEALS is an honest and trivial mistake.
2) momwith5kid's attacks were so pernicious and threatening that she was banned from Mediaite. She once wrote that she wanted me to fall into my pond and drown and once asked if my wife knew that I'm on the "down-low," i.e., secretly bisexual. Todd doesn't know that an insult is not a lie, and he never took issue with any of her lies about me. Todd exhibits double standards a lot, especially since he doesn't "give a shit" that Beck lied and he rationalizes many of Beck's lies. (See comments by Todd after post reviewing one segment of Beck's show on Fox for an example. "...Oh Victor, but it did contradict Obama's foreign policy.")
3) What Todd is referring to was a joke and it was identified as a joke. For all anyone knows, Jesus did have sex with a sheep. Todd doesn't "know" otherwise; Todd cannot distinguish between beliefs and facts. The joke was written to shock the Beckerheads and demonstrate that many of Beck's "jokes" are not funny to some people, such as when he "joked" about assassinating the Speaker of the House, Micheal Moore and Congressman Rangel. Needless to write, they missed that point.
4) What Todd is calling "spam" are links to this Review that reinforce my comments there. I did make the correction on Beck's website that spam can also be religious or political. In general spam is defined, according to Wikipedia as "Irrelevant or inappropriate messages sent on the Internet to a large number of newsgroups or users." Backing up the claim, "Glenn Beck is a hypocrite" with a link to supporting evidence is hardly commercial, political, religious, irrelevant or inappropriate.
5) This is subjective and largely a matter of opinion. The President claims that his favorite president is Lincoln, and most progressives no longer see Obama as progressive. The fact is, Lincoln was instrumental in freeing the blacks from slavery, and that was radical, political progress in how it changed property rights for slave owners.
6) I did once claim that I coined the phrase yellow propaganda, but I also acknowledged the mistake and stood corrected many times before Todd added this to his list. It was a mistake, and it was pointed out to Todd that if he could not distinguish between a mistake and a lie, then he is "too stupid for words." That did not stop Todd from making his deceitful assertion on Beck's website. Todd never addresses the fact that Beck is a yellow propagandist.
7) Todd is expressing his ignorance as a fact. Some of the story boards on Beck's website limited the number of comments that I could make; some did not. One thing that is certain, only I could know this in my case. Todd is asserting his ignorance on the matter as knowledge of facts that I have wrong.
8) See 7. I know that many of my comments on Beck's website would not be there after reloading the page. Todd cannot possibly know whether that is the case or not. Todd's ignorance does not make for my lie.
9) Todd is making an opinion I offered, an opinion that he oversimplified and distorted, into a "lie." Todd does not know the difference between an opinion and a purposeful deceptive statement. Todd also does not seem to care that Beck offers a lot of absurd opinions. Again, Todd routinely practices double standards with Beck's critic.
10) See post entitled "Beck's staff and some followers do not follow Beck..." to see just how wrong that Todd is with this lie of his own.
11) Both Sandie and momwith5kids have published my home address and phone number on Beck's website which many consider cyber stalking. Sandie also once asked if I had noticed "the car parked up the street" from my house in an attempt to intimidate me.
12) Todd lies when he claims that I lie. It is an effort to smear this critic of his cult leader, or whatever Beck is to Todd. If I screw up the facts, and who has never done that, I will and have admitted it.
Why is Todd so eager to smear this blogger and undermine my credibility? Because Todd is a devoted toady of Mr. Beck. He is emotionally attached to Beck in a manner that serves to reinforce my claim, again, that Glenn Beck has become a cult of personality. He cannot stand, cannot bear to face the truth about Beck. Todd's efforts to smear this blogger is one way that he avoids the cognitive dissonance that would accompany realizing that Beck is a liar and a hypocrite.
Update, 6/30/2012: A fairly new rabid follower of Glenn Beck is now engaged in malicious defamation of character. It's not surprising given her Disqus name:
"It's not libel when it's true." Then she calls me a child molester, i.e., "Sandusky man." This woman is one of the most malicious and vicious character assassins I've encountered so far. I suspect that she's momwith5kids, but Internet anonymity makes it impossible to tell. At any rate, it's time to exploit the anonymity of Disqus and "disappear."
For a summary about Glenn Beck, see "Becoming Paul Revere"