The MRC has been previously covered by this review for their overwrought concerns for detecting liberal bias while turning blind eyes toward conservative bias in the media and the truthiness that is widespread on Fox "News" and other conservative media outlets, particularly online. The following categories will be hot links to their awards for readers interested to find out who they decided worthy of their award. The final category is the one that Glenn Beck is most qualified to win, and the MRC winner and runners up will be shown to demonstrate that MRC has no credibility as a media watchdog in this era of post-truth politics.
- The Poison Tea Pot Award for Smearing the Anti-Obama Rabble (Obama is named in an "annual" award?)
- Rodney Dangerfield Award for Demanding Respect for Obama's "Achievements"
- Damn Those Conservatives Award
- The Shovel Ready Media Award for Claiming Success for Obama's "Stimulus"
- They Don't Miss Him Yet Award for Still Bashing Bush
- No Wonder It Sold For $1 Award for Newsweek's Priceless Bias (Where is TownHall Mag's award?)
- Media Hero Award
- Master of His Domain Award for Obama Puffery
- Dumb and Dumber Award for Matthews and Olbermann's Leftist Blatherings (No Rightist blatherings?)
- The Ground Zeroes Award for Impugning Americans as Islamophobic
- Hazing Arizona Award for Denigrating Immigration Enforcement
- The Supremely Slanted Award for Elevating Elena Kagan
- The Half-Baked Alaska Award for Pummeling Palin (Media Matters for America not mentioned here after they named Palin the winner of the Glenn Beck Honorary Excellence in Misinformation Award)
- Obama's Orderlies Award for Prepping America for ObamaCare
- The Crush Rush Award for Loathing Limbaugh (Beck has not paid his dues?)
- The Audacity of Dopes Award for the Wackiest Analysis of the Year (How in the world does Glenn Beck not win this award?!?)
After Beck's wacky and deceitful analysis of Van Jones, of progressives, of President Obama, of the history of slavery and especially of George Soros, whom Beck smears as "evil and spooky." So who was the winner of this bogus award? First the runners up:
- Chris Cuomo
Post a comment
All non-spam comments approved
Please get involved for 10 minutes
Share this URL with your friends