Why don't they?
Glenn Beck has announced on several occasions how President George W. Bush was a "progressive" and that his hero is Ronald Reagan. The following is a list of Reagan's actions that were listed on The Rachel Maddow Show, 6/25/10.
- Called for a world without nuclear weapons
- Supported federal handgun control
- Signed into law the largest tax increase in history at that time
- Raised taxes on gasoline
- Raised corporate taxes by hundreds of billions of dollars
- Bailed out and expanded Social Security with a big tax increase
- More than tripled the national debt
- Added ten's of thousands of people to the federal payroll
- Added a new cabinet agency
- Grew the size of the government and its budget
- Signed a bill that gave amnesty to undocumented immigrants
One can find a far less flattering portrait of Reagan's legacy at The Regressive Antidote by David Michael Green, a progressive, with his article entitled "Mission Accomplished: The Reagan Occupation and the Destruction of the American Middle Class;" but that's not the point.
Beck is constantly attacking the current President for similar types of "big government" activities. Say what you will about Glenn Beck, but believing he has principled standards just does not stand up to the facts.
Post a Comment
All Comments Approved
Free Speech is Practiced Here
Get Involved for 10 Minutes
Share this URL